Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring cleaning comes early this year!

I watched an episode of Hoarders last night. For those of you who don’t know what the show is about, it chronicles the clean up process of someone whose house is overrun by clutter. Some of the people on the show have stacks and stacks of everything you can imagine, clothes, newspapers, toys. They are extreme pack rats. By the time the show is over I am itching to go into my closet and do a major clean out.

A few months ago we got all new carpets in our house and we had to pack up most of our belongings away to make room. After we were done I loved how empty my room was I just left a lot of what I had packed away in their boxes. Over the last few weeks I have been looking through the boxes and I realized how much stuff I really have. I am a shopaholic! Ok, so it isn’t that bad, but I do have waaaaay more than I need. I have like three boxes full of shoes I have worn once. And I have enough sunglasses to open a small store. Why do I need all of this stuff, when I don’t even use any of it anymore? It is just taking up space in the top of my closet!

Well no more! I am making it my mission to go through what I have and make a keep pile, a donate pile, and a trash pile. I see no reason to hold on to things that I know just bog down my room and make me stressed. And I work like 10 feet from a Goodwill donation bin so I have no excuse at all. I am not waiting for the first day of spring to get on this. I am going to start now! Who’s with me?


Featured picture from http://is.gd/aKFRM

No comments:

Post a Comment